Our Commitment to the Future
We’re doing our bit to help the environment
We’re fast, very fast…
Order before 3pm for next day delivery
We know our tech…
FREE expert advice on the solutions
Short on time…
Contact us for product guidance
Sign in here please…
Create an account in 60 seconds
The future of QED
In recent news, we can’t ignore how serious climate change is and how quickly we all need to act to minimise the damage to our planet.
Every day at QED we make choices that we know will have impact far beyond our business, and that’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
With every business decision we try to do the right thing for our employees and environment. Here are some of the actions we’ve taken so far:
Appointed Environmental Champion
We appointed a new recycling champion, Hannah Whittle, Operations Manager:
“I’m delighted to be the champion for the business, I recycle at home and I always wanted to bring what I did at home into the workplace. I know if all businesses adopt similar recycling initiative, together we can make a big difference. I want QED to be one of those businesses that do their bit to tackle climate change.”
In 2018 we were delighted to be accredited with ISO 9001 and 14001; 14001 being the accreditation that meant we had to assess the risks and impacts our businesses is having on the environment.
Recycling & Plastics
We care about the environment and we are continually improving internal processes and encouraging other to take measures to reduce the carbon footprint.
- 99% of packaging materials is recyclable
- 12% reduction of packaging costs in last 2 years
- New cardboard shredder helping us shred and re-use cardboard for packaging goods
- 100% of wrapping materials and tape is recyclable or reusable
- New messaging on all packaging tape to encourage customers to recycle and reuse all QED packaging.
- Changed to a courier who is carbon neutral
We encourage suppliers to use as little plastic as possible and any plastic packaging that they remove from goods coming into the Warehouse now goes in the recycling bin, this can include plastic wrap, blister packaging, bubble wrap. We are moving, wherever possible, to biodegradable plastics.
- Set up recycling bins throughout the offices and warehouse
- Changed waste collection supplier with more waste separation options
- Separate scrap metal and electronic components which are recycled by specialists
- New procedures introduced with the aim of becoming a paperless office
- Installation of solar panels on the building roof helping to power our IT systems.
- Switched from incandescent light bulbs to energy-saving LED bulbs
- Turn off lights in areas of the office and warehouse when not being used.
- Introduction of Battery storage
Transport & Courier Service
- Introduced remote working, where possible, to reduce the negative impact of commuter traffic
- Reduced regional van deliveries by switching to Couriers